View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 05:47 PM   #19331
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
My doctor was arrested yesterday for opioid/medicare fraud. Am I right to be concerned about what kind of care I have been recieving these past several years? I am a hypochondriac to begin with, can't imagine what tests I was sent for was just to possibly return favors. Or should I just assume a doctor is still a doctor at heart and that while he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar so to say he still provided great care to his patients as well?

St. Louis County doctors face federal charges in opioid prescription bust | FOX2now.com

My dad was a pharmacist and owned his own drug store. Knew a few other guys who got in trouble for similar back in the day. We talked about it a few times. They were all great pharmacists and dedicated to their communities (this was before the Walgreens of the world were prevalent), and just fell in to some kind of financial trouble so they started selling samples, etc...Is it possible your doctor was terrible and using you as a lab rat, most certainly. It is far more likely he was doing it to pay student loans while maintaining a lifestyle he couldn't afford, house, boat, kids private school, country club, etc....
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote