View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 07:15 AM   #55
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

We had our make up match last night and things didn't go very well. Bear and I were both very slow to get going, especially Bear, and we were smoked 0-6 in the first set. In the second set we won a couple of games, but played them much tougher, pushing quite a few deuce games, just not able to pull out the win (2-6).

The guys did agree to play us in the 3rd set for fun. Which I was very happy about, because one of the main things Bear and I need to do is to get more matches under our belts. The 3rd set was much different from the first two. We fell behind 0-3 early, but then we broke them and I held to get us to 2-3. They held, then Bear held, we broke and I held to make it 5-4. They held to push it to 5-5, then Bear held and we broke to win the 3rd set. Not let me qualify this by saying the other team used the 3rd set as a way to work on some shots. One of the two tried his hard serve much more frequently when the results didn't matter, including trying it a few times on the second serve. They also tried to go up the line a few times, which they didn't do much of initially. Regardless, Bear and I played much better, finally. Obviously, I don't know how the match would have gone, if they had played it more straight up, but I do feel that we would have been closer than 0-6, 2-6.

Now the trick is figuring out how to play better - faster.

Last edited by Breeze : 06-10-2022 at 07:17 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote