View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 12:41 PM   #265
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I do think that people are getting way ahead of things predicting the demise of Fox and the rise of OANN/Newsmax/Trump TV/Russian State Television/whatever.

Fox has A+ broadcast quality. Fox has A+ marketing arms. Fox is an established player who understands this stuff.

Fox hasn't bothered even trying to crush these upstarts in the same way that an elephant doesn't really bother trying to crush a flea. Or Warner Brothers doesn't care about some indie studio in Portland trying to "reinvent movies."

But if Fox decides that these Nazi public access guys are competition and starts treating them accordingly, I think that Fox will be just fine.

That's what a reasonable conservative friend of mine has said. If they wanted to, they could crush these little upstarts. If Trump doesn't play ball, he thinks Murdoch and the wealthy GOP donors will train all his guns on him and clear out the competition. But so long as they all feed the Fox ecosystem, they're allowed to survive. I'm not so certain - once you've had a hit of that sweet, sweet OANN-esque conspiracy theory, do you need more and more?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote