View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 01:47 PM   #380
RainMaker
General Manager

Saw this thread and it was inspirational to see some of you post progress.

Four days ago I made it a goal to really fix up my life. My diet has been horrible over the last decade and as I'm getting older and less active, it's starting to catch up to me. I was eating a lot of fast food out of convenience and rarely cooking anymore. Having some pizza wasn't a treat, it was the norm (it does suck to be a block away from 3 good Chicago pizza places).

While weight is one concern, it was my overall health too. I don't want to get diabetes or have to deal with high blood pressure or other issues an unhealthy diet causes. The other big concern was how I felt. I was lethargic all day, have had trouble sleeping, and started dealing with acid reflux and IBS. I just figured that dumping complete garbage into my system on a daily basis can't be good for that stuff.

So far it hasn't been too hard to get started. I thought I'd have more cravings than I have. I've started to get into cooking now and I think dealing with new recipes, ingredients and foods have kept my mind occupied and off of eating. My goal is to eat healthy for the Summer, see how it transforms my body and mind, then slowly mix in a few bad meals every now and then to make life more enjoyable.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote