View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 06:10 PM   #19
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
FWIW, if the Blues go up 13-0 tonight, I think your over-the-top celebration would be incredibly appropriate. And I wouldn't be offended by every Blues goal being celebrated by the team the same as the one before.

Edit: I'm not a big outwardly emotional celebrator myself in any context, but I don't think there's any reason for someone to mute themselves if that's who they are, player or fan, as long as its not directed in a hostile way at the opposing team or fans.

I think it's one thing if you win over an evenly-matched team like that in a final -- like say, Germany/Brazil. In an opening round game against a team who is clearly inferior and probably doesn't deserve to even be in the tourney?* Eh, tone it down after maybe the sixth goal. Keep scoring because you need to per the rules, but you're not accomplishing anything of any great effort at that point. It's like dunking on a five-year-old.

* I am of the mind that if you have games like this, your tourney is watered down or not ready for prime time. There's no point in a team like Thailand being there, there slot is a participation trophy. Same goes for NCAA Women's BB (and to some extent, Men's BB). Don't include teams who don't belong there.