View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 04:37 PM   #17
fontisian
College Prospect

For a combination, the closest is the assassin role (which can be scum or town). I can tell you that in one game of Witchhunt where I played and the town assassin had the ability to do one soup on his death, the assassin getting cleared enough for a massclaim made it nearly impossible for my team to win. The mechanic was nerfed afterwards.

I dislike any mod balancing decisions based on the state of the game. Build balancing mechanics in before the game starts. Otherwise, interference will be perceived as mod bias.

In witchhunt, the priest (the seer equivalent) is called a holy role, and is guaranteed to be town, because it's so important to the town. A lot of the game depends on the witches successfully killing the priest early enough.

I'd suggest making flips a binary thing, if not for every role, then at least taking out the hints.

I probably won't play for two reasons:
1.I'm getting started on Daily Mafia (a video mafia streaming site) and I want to devote most of my attention to that for now.
2.New communities need time to work out the kinks. The discussions of whether to lynch before any kills (you should), when seers should claim, and all the fun mechanics stuff are things your community will have, and will be better off for them. I'll check it out in a few months and see where you are.