View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 05:08 PM   #106
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes, 2082 off-season: Receiver in, running back out
The rollercoaster has started and so far we got through a looping and a free fall. First, we moved up in the draft from 20th overall to 8th overall. We swapped our 2083 first rounder for Chesapeake's 2083 second rounder for the compensation. We used it on the only player that really impressed our staff members: wide receiver Theodore Bondy. Yeah, it's been a while, but it was about time to grab a receiver.

Then we lost the bidding war for Walt Blair. In retrospect, my stupidity to not make a better offer than the one Brooklyn already had thrown out there, cost us his service. Slap to face. It was so obvious, but I totally missed it.

We've put an offer out there for Ellis McAlister to stay around as our quarterback. I'm working on a plan B, just in case, McAlister moves on elsewhere.

Chandler Posante is also on our list of players with an offer on the table. Again, we're looking at a plan B, but keeping Posante would be nice.

Safety and linebacker are still positions of concern, on top of the very obvious: running back. Unlike the other positions, I have no clearcut plan B yet, other than going with the tandem of Raul Curie and Ronald Graham.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote