View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 08:06 PM   #172
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Just a couple of things about the new 4-2-2-2 that I noticed.

* You have your DLRs on Attack duties. If that helps your attack, that's fine, but consider that you will have your DLRs too high at times when the other team intercepts the ball or something like that. If that happens, your DLRs will have a lot of space behind them for opposing wingers to use if they are fast, or if they are good at passing. That's probably one reason why Chalfont was able to come back. They might have gone more attacking in the second half, played direct, and got some long balls behind your DLRs.

Personally, without any MLRs, I would never put my DLRs any higher than Support duty. But I think you can get by with that if you have both your MCs on Defend duty. That way, at least if the other team does get a winger with some space on the flanks, you'll have four guys in the box to deal with any crosses - your two DCs and two MCs. You could also try just having one of your fullbacks on Attack, but have the other on Defend.

* Again, you know your team better than I do, but with two MCs, two AMCs and two STs, I don't think you need one ST to be a target man. If you have trouble in your attack, you could try putting him as a Deep Lying Forward. That way, the attack doesn't run through him and spread out more among your attacking players (although you have Nunn as a Deep Lying Playmaker, so that might not be such an issue anyway). But if Payne's a DLF, he might step back more and allow Powell to overlap and attack the box instead, creating some serious matchup problems for opposing defenses.

Anyway, just some thoughts. You can ignore them if you want.

Last edited by bbgunn : 08-10-2014 at 08:08 PM.
bbgunn is offline   Reply With Quote