View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #624
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 13 MOMs he has in a season is a new team record for Driussi. Rondon had 12 in 2016.

Porto wins against Tondela 2-0.

One game left. Porto. Madeira. Who will win it?

Right now, we will likely finish with more points .

With one game left, and an Arouca win, two teams have been relegated. I have MAJOR news for football fans and Portugal fans.

Portuguese Football has been a very stable thing for a long time. Three clubs that created the Liga, the top league in Portugal, have never been relegated. Sporting, Benfica, Porto. They have never been relegated. They are the Big Three. They have trifurcated Portugal fandom for decades. No other teams can claim that they have never been relegated. Belenenses, Boavista, Maritimo, Rio Ave, Vit Guimaraes, and many others – all have fallen. But not the Big Three. They are here forever.

But no longer. Today, along with Olhanense, Sporting has been relegated from the Liga. Sporting has left the elite. It is official. Sporting is no longer a Big Three team anymore.

Sporting have fallen

On the same day, Mario Rondon announced his retirement. No club has signed him since July. He is now a coach. He agrees to join us as a coach. He should not be anywhere else. He’s not that great, but he’s cheap, and I have tons of open spaces on the team.

Sporting Manager has announced he will leave at the end of the season. The Gil Vicente manager will retire then too.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote