View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 07:34 AM   #1267
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Just starting to look around in the NBA2k "Eras" mode

With the 1983 start, the number of real players on rosters seems to vary by team from as few as 5 to as many as 10.

There are some pretty obscure names there -- Foots Walker and Rudy Macklin caught my eye for example -- but also no Orlando Woolridge for example (indeed, the Bulls starting roster is the most fictional I've found so far and has Reggie Theus as its best player ... IRL he averaged 8 ppg and was 8th on the team in minutes)

So, yeah, there are some issues here before ever tipping off.

Thanks for posting. I planned on checking out some of the old forums like OS and try to find out how many real players were actually included before buying. Not saying I won't be getting it, hell it may still be fun with what is there. Just better to know before hand. And no, not really surprised either.

I do wonder about the guys that are not in. Are they all given an offer and they turn it down or, just don't respond? Is the money that bad? They just don't care? Or maybe waiting for something better?

As to the fictional players. Are they rated to replicate the real player they are replacing (height, weight, skills)? I'm guessing "no" after the NCAA cases and EA?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote