View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 03:33 AM   #1275
whomario
Pro Starter

So after another week: The gameplay absolutely is the best i can remember. Need to adjust my sliders a little to make it a bit easier to play without having to go all out all the time though Maybe actually bother with defensive settings would help. But if i think back a couple versions where all you had to do was pretty much put up a hand anywhere near a shooter and make them miss and could just coast about defensively, this is so much better. And need to figure out if i commit to real shooting % or work on getting releases down.

What's annoying is the bugs in 'franchise'. Contract extensions are broken l, cpu doesn't do them and for HUM it shows "not eligible" or "none" on everybody, so it can't be fixed by 30 team controll either ... they still don't sign 2nd rounders either (which can be kinda fixed by taking controll).
Also rookie contract amount seems broken for historical eras ...
Generated draft players are better than a couple years ago though i'd still recommend generating classes outside the mode and 1) make sure it doesn't have 10 Centers out of the Top 12 or some shit and 2) mass edit ratings and potential down a little bit (just lower all ratings by 2-3, maybe then a bit more for intangibles which only controll ovrl).

Started with the Magic, simmed the first season and now play the 2nd half of all home games and sim the first and all away games. Currently 8-10 after finishing 25-57 first season. Traded Suggs for a pick and Carter Jr for Anonuby. Drafted a 76 rated 6'6 PG/SG at 3 who looks good, stayed quiet in Free Agency. Getting on well with Anthony, unfortunately not so much with Wagner

Edit: There's also a big roster bug as all coaches for modern ERA have 0 help defense slider! Should be able to change/stick by taking 30 team controll once and change them all, then go back to 1 team. But to be save, change beforehand ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 10-01-2022 at 03:37 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote