View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 02:40 PM   #4507
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I just didn't really like it. Hard to explain I guess, I didn't think Dany's turn was unearned or anything. But I guess it just sort of bummed me out that it was the direction they took so that was the feeling I was left with for pretty much the rest of the episode.

My wife was falling asleep 20 mins in so I'll rewatch it tonight and maybe feel differently this time around.

I rewatched. No change in opinion.

People think Dany's turn was earned. I thought it was way too extreme. I'm not going to try and convince those people that they are wrong or that they shouldn't like the episode/series because of it. But I definitely did not and that's just how I feel.

This last season was a real disappointment for me beginning with the Battle of Winterfell. I'll give it some time of course but I really don't see myself revisiting past seasons like I typically do for some of my other favorite shows. The whole thing just left a sour taste in my mouth.

I do think I'll give the books a shot a few years down the road when I have some more time on my hands.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote