View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 08:29 AM   #36
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, some grade-carding, quickly:

QB Mathews - he's good enough. Too many picks, but we can take the bottom line numbers (being buoyed by a superstar WR getting an insane 17 targets a game).

WR Duran - monster.

Running game - barely acceptable. Mayo just stinks, as we feared, those bars are just a lie, I guess. Banks only fumbles 4 times and gives us B-grade stats...we'll take it.

Pass rush - fine. 20.7 PR% is top-five, DE Rudoff fit right in. Harmon is still our best guy. Rotation was fine.

Run defense - meh, too hard to gauge. I suspect we're okay there, but we lack a true run-stuffer at SLB, which I prefer.

Pass defense overall - 6.4 ypa allowed, I like it a lot, especially given how young/new we are. Over time, give guys like Upshaw and Evans a few years to become cohesion assets, and we ought to be above average here for a long time.

Anyway... basically pleased with this offseason, and the payoff here. Tough luck to be in the division with a top-tier foe like ... Cleveland? Anyway, we'll hope for the best in the playoffs, anything can happen, but we fully understand that it just doesn't happen for us.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote