View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 09:27 AM   #50
QuikSand
lolzcat

This spot is always fun. The guy who was #2 on my draft target list when I selected in late round 1 - he's still there at pick 2.19, only 7 pics away from us at 2.26. He's not a super standout, just an affinity fit at a need position who looks like he'd make a nice long term starter for us in this league. Fine for a 2st rounder, bur GREAT for a 2nd rounder -- at least as far as my experience goes.

Recall, my quick self-confession is that I am not a talented drafter... in part this is because I really only look seriously at a sixth of the players out there, but there's no way to fully chicken-and-egg this stuff. Do I play/organize through chemistry and sacrifice great draft picks to do so? Or do I play/organize through chemistry because I'm not good enough to make great draft picks, and this is a workaround for that?

Anyway... in a more nearly perfect world, I'd burn up the phone lines trying to deal up for this pick. But I'm getting ready to check out of a hotel room in Austin, I have my sights set on a bak'n cheezeburger for lunch, and I simply don't have the luxury of attending to much FOF stuff right now. So, if my guy lands in m lap, I'll be delighted -- it's not out of the question, but my usual luck would dictate that he'll fall to one pick before mine, just to maximize the irritation.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote