View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 05:59 PM   #377
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
To be fair, I can understand how it might seem fishy, but at the same time, there is no denying that we had a fight and also no denying that neither of us were injured or killed, so I guess that is why we are both kind of uncertain about it.

i have been thinking about this all day long, and again, i cant be positive because i dont know how much Anxiety is straying from the M:TG concepts regarding us and our roles, but it is rather difficult to kill another wizard that can defend himself without summoning a good number of creatures (not to say that we cant be killed easily when we arent defending ourselves). direct damage spells are pretty common, but they arent usually very powerful, and they are easily countered if you have the correct magic to counter them.

let me explain that last part a little more....there are 5 colors of magic in M:TG...black, blue, red, white, and green. on the back of the cards there is a Star that has a colored dot on each point. if you look at the two dots that are opposite any single point, they are the direct opponents of that color, while the two adjacent colors are complimentary. for instance the white dot is between blue and green, and across from red and black. in terms of spells, a sorcerer using white magic will have loads of counterspells to defend against a sorcerer using black or red magic.

so if we consider ourselves to be using White magic, it would be logical that our sworn enemies, the Dimir, would be using either Black or Red. using that theory, it makes perfect sense for swaggs and hoops to have been unable to kill each other in battle last night.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote