View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 06:42 PM   #392
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, here is the sequence of actions:
1.) Using my PUBLIC role (Religious Leader) I spoke with AlanT to determine if he was devout. I'm able to identify the devout. He had indicated he could not be bribed, which means that he was immune to material corruption. I wanted to know if this translated to being strong in our faith as well. I learned that he is indeed one of the faithful.
2.) Using my PRIVATE role (fill in the blank) I sought a person that was of a 3rd order. My selection of Fouts was pretty random. In the process of casting my spell to learn about Fouts (which we have called spying, using a term from other WW games) I was under attack from Swaggs.

It is important to note that I DID NOT INITIATE AN ATTACK ON SWAGGS OR FOUTS! I don't have those abilities for either of my roles.

The fact that I was not harmed, in any kind of permanent way, by Swaggs made me suspect that he may not be a Dimir. The fact that he did not come out gunning for me today made me think it was even more likely that we had somehow become caught in a cross-fire of magic. I don't know how to explain it, but it is Day 2 in an unfamiliar game. I'm sorry I don't have more info to give you on this point.

I was silenced for an hour today around lunchtime, shortly after Swaggs came on the board and about two hours before Fouts showed up. During that time I did not attract any votes as Swaggs and I tried to determine what had transpired last night.

Fouts then comes out and says that he was going to be murdered in his sleep, were in not for the intervention of another party. Which puts me pretty squarely in the crosshairs, based on the posts already made that day.

AlanT and Swaggs have both acknowledged our encounters last night. But the way this has been twisted, I launched attacks on 2-3 Orzhov last night. I think this is borderline ridiculous; only an idiot GM makes a bad guy have that many abilities (where is Lathum to back me on this? )
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote