View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 11:45 PM   #264
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Told you you didn’t need to worry about this.

Your only worry should be that Clemson slips up somewhere else. The ACC is so weak I don’t see a 1 loss champion making the playoff.
Yeah it looks like NC State is the only opponent who could be ranked at the time (just need to beat UVa & BC), but I think their recent track record & preseason hype gives them a real buffer. Is a one loss SEC team other than Alabama or Georgia going to make it over them? The loser of ND-Stanford if they win out? Maybe Stanford if they beat ND & lose to Washington? Ohio State if they lose to a Michigan team that wins out & also makes the playoff?

IDK, I just don't see all 3 of the PAC-W, Big 12 & Big 10 champions being undefeated, and even if it's not fair SoS wise I think that committee would take a 1 loss Clemson over a 1 loss Washington or Oklahoma, let alone teams with worse historical cache.

ND being in the mix throws a fun monkey wrench, and there's always G5 teams like UCF

just kidding, no chance undefeated UCF gets in over 1 loss Clemson unless that loss happens in the ACC CG.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 09-22-2018 at 11:47 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote