View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 10:31 AM   #283
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
But he's not breaking his contract. This escape is a part of the contract. He should have the same freedom of movement as everyone else.

Not really.
Scholarships are 1 year contracts. Even if he leaves now the athletic department cant recoup the money they've paid admissions for his class load. They cant recoup his room and board. They cant recoup his books, clothing, meals, etc.

Now look. No one is crying for athletic departments that are making millions while players get a free education and some perks. I get that. All I am saying is it doesn't change the tone of the conversation a bit when you take everything offered under the contract and dont fulfill your term. If he left after the season then I have zero issue whatsoever with him leaving. To leave mid season, I still wish him well but it does have a lsightly different feel.

The final piece he was asked by the coaching staff to remain on the team. With the understanding that he would not be played unless an injury happened. To protect his RS. Not initially mind you. Initially the message was, you will rotate series just like TL has all year, he just goes out first this week. When he stated he intended to leave the option was put on the table, keep working. Stay engaged. We will protect your redshirt. He declined that. He left the team.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote