Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 09:28 AM   #110
PilotMan
Head Coach

Last week of January 2006

Good News Bad News

Bad News

I lost 100k on a bet on a championship match. Yes, that is right. Manuel Castillo is the new Welterweight World Champion after a 12 round unanimous decision. Another bad betting decision.

Good News

Well sort of good news. I got a call from Felipe Vargas’ management. They have decided that a match with Omar would be in their best interest. And to top it off are willing to pay me a whopping 414k payoff. That is the most I have ever seen. The payoff from the match would be very handsome indeed. Omar would stand no chance to win and would probably not be happy afterward. That is OK. He only has 2 fights remaining. This is a no brainer. I guess I am going to use my fighters. The money is just to good to pass up. I am evil. I am what I always hated. I am in the money.

There are a number of big fights taking place this week.

1) The Flyweight World Championship Fight is this week. The priciples are the champion, Gerardo Ramirez. He is 25-0-0(12), and making his second defense of the title. His opponent is Adam Napier. Napier comes into the ring with a record of 26-1-0(24). That one loss occurred early last season against Zosimo Diaz as he lost on points. Napier is the #2 contender in the flyweight division. Both men are world class fighters and should guarantee a good fight. Napier is favored by the bookies. The odds on him to win are 4/7, while Ramirez is 6/4.

2) The Lightweight World Title is on the line this week too. Jorge Reynoso and his record of 21-3-1(14) will defend against the #1 contender to the title, Damien Essett. Essett is 20-1-0(20), and has won his last 3 matches by KO or TKO. He is a power puncher with good heard and good fortitude. Reynoso was lucky enough to face the less than stellar Melvin Horne for the title, and this will be his first defense of the title. Essett is the favorite with odds on him at 8/13, while Reynoso is 11/8.

3) The next step in the career of heavyweight Niall Beaumont will be made this week. Still looking for his first win he takes on #177 ranked Ric Arlos, in what will likely be a match attended by 6 people. Arlos, is making his debut. Little is known about him except that he has good power and if he is knocked down it is likely that he will get back up. Beaumont has been spending extra time in the gym. Although his morale is fairly low, so he doesn’t appear to be responding well. I will look for Niall to use his jab, and force his way inside to land heavy blows. His chin should be able to absorb any punishment that Arlos may dole out. Beaumont is the heavy favorite in this match and the odds on him to win are 4/11, while the odds on Arlos are 12/5.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote