Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 07:08 PM   #123
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go, again!

Lawrence McFarlane v. Augustin Sandoval

This fight is scheduled for 8 rounds.

This fight will test the limits of Lawrence’s power, finishing and stamina. Will he last? Will he keep up?

Sandoval has way more power than he looks. He absolutley tore Lawrence up that round. He was accurate and halfway through Lawrence didn’t look like he was going to make it. I told him to relax fight how he felt comfortable. That was better, but he still took lots of damage. A change of attitude is needed for the next round.

Both fighters took more of an upright stance for this round and neither felt like mixing it up. I think McFarlane had to have won that round. He was better defensively and landed some nice combos. He didn’t really hurt him, but I want to see more rounds like that.

Round three looked a lot like round two. It seems that Lawrence is more comfortable jabbing and throwing combos from the outside, and he has a better opportunity and does a better job of getting out of the way. He clearly did more damage and landed more punches, but Sandoval is still controlling the pace of the fight.

Round four was as entertaining as they come and McFarlane continues to edge back into this fight. He landed more punches that round than any other, and they are starting to take their toll on Sandoval. Both fighters jabs are setting the tone for the fight, and right now McFarlane is more accurate and his movement is better.

Sandoval won that round, but McFarlane got some big punches in. This is a close fight and right now, Lawrence is mixing things up. Sandoval is a nice and accurate puncher, he controls the ring very well, I think that might be something to work on in the gym.

Lawrence came back to the corner of some pain in his left hand. I am not really concerned with it right now. The fight is going well, but last round was ugly. Both fighters tying up, a lot of puches thrown. There are 2 rounds left, and Sandoval is clearly tireing. If this was going 10 he would never make it. I wish that McFarlane would land some more consistent big punches. A flurry could end this. I don’t think that Sandoval has the power to KO Lawrence, but I worry about his constant work ethic. He is a tough fighter.

Round 7 was all Augustin Sandoval. He was dominating and landed everything. It is clear that at this point this is going to the cards. Lawrence has to win this last round in my mind. Back to the jab and take the round on points.

Round 8 was back to same from Lawrence. He did well with the jab on the outside, but there were times when they tied up. Sandoval didn’t dominate the way he did in the 7th and I think that this round was ours. If indeed McFarlane pulls off a win, it will be the first for him that he didn’t get the TKO or KO. I have my fingers crossed othewise it will put a damper on the night.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote