Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 09:37 PM   #134
PilotMan
Head Coach

Well now I have come to a crossroads. What do I do? Omar completely stunned me. To top it off he is recovering from the fight rather quickly. He could be ready to fight again in a number of weeks.

I have been feeling guilty about laying money down against a fighter in my own stable. But who the hell had any idea that he had a chance to win? That probably makes me a scumbag, but I argue that it doesn’t. I would have been a scumbag if I had told him to lose. That would have make me like so many others that are out there. No! What did I do? I pumped him up, encouraged him, and made him believe in himself. The boy has heavy fists, that doesn’t hurt either. Of course I made way, way more money that if he had lost the fight, so it was worth the price.

The problem that I now have is that Omar has now proved himself capable of beating some very good talent. He had exactly one fight remaining on his contract, and right now his value is out of this world. I have access to some cash, but at least right now, if I wanted to extend him, the best that I could do would be for 2 more fights and then it is possible that I would lose money, unless he keeps winning and beating quality opponents.

This is business, but I feel loyalty to him. He likely would not have done much without my guidance. What the hell do I do? If he fights one more time, he will be out of a contract, and it is possible that he would resign, but I would be concerned about hurting his feelings. The businessman inside says that I should let him go, or put him up against another huge opponent, and knock him down to a more managable level. It also says that I should drop Lee Drydon and take the profit that he has reaped me. The human being inside me is pretty much appalled that I would think such things.

What to do, what to do.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote