View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #663
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sat Oct 25, 2014 (evening)
Blyth (3rd BSBN) vs Eastbourne Boro (12th BSBS)
English FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

I have a feeling we're about to find out -- one way or another -- what this club is made of. We're 13:8 underdogs at home, deservedly so after getting not only our unbeaten streak broken but being utterly waxed in our last outing. Back to the 4-4-1-1 Counter today, hopefully there's still at least a little magic left in it.

GK: McDonald
D: Deen-Conteh, Kerr, Seidu, Groves
M: Shulton, Smyth, Ricketts, Moke
F: Baker, Cofie
Subs: (Seery, Jefford, Janneh, Smith, Lobjoit, Branker, Dovey)

7' - We dodge a bullet when they threaten in front but are flagged offside
19' - Cofie gets hammered by a defender, just a foul
25' - Groves centers the ball to Cofie who fires ... saved
28' - Deen-Conteh feeds Baker at the point ... finds Shulton the box .. offside
34' - Shulton to Cofie ... Cofie feints ... spots Moke on the right side of the area ... left-footed volley ... GOAL ! (1-0)
40' - E'bourne has a corner, the header is high and harmless
44' - Another E'Boro corner, shot into the side netting

Halftime: Halfway home boys, we've played well but we can do even more.

45:22 - They kickoff, send it long ... Seidu chases it down in front of McDonald ... but has no clue that their man Thompson has flown down in hot pursuit ... Seidu turns, essentially puts the ball right on the foot of the E'boro attacker ... McDonald didn't have a chance ... (1-1) Gut punched.

49' - Long run back Cofie, pressured at the byline so he passes out to Deen-Conteh who shoo ... no, it's a lob pass to Moke on the doorstep ... GOAL ! (2-1)
55' - Indirect for E'boro ... Duyile finds just a hint of space ... bang (2-2)
59' - Moke takes a crack from long range ... high and over
70' - Long pass ... Duyile is there ...McDonald challenges... Duyile misses wide
71' - Sub Janneh (for Ricketts, tiring)
75' - Baker takes a corner ... far post to Seidu ... misses high, his head in his hands after
79' - DFK is held safely by McDonald
80' - Sub Branker (for Cofie, tiring)
86' - Baker lays a free kick off to Janneh who shoots ... blocked, cleared over the touch
87' - Sub Smith (for Shulton, tired) ... shift Baker to ML
89' - 3 minutes added

Full time: Blyth 2 - Eastbourne Boro 2
Moke's two goals and MOM (8.8) performance is still not enough to win.

Oct 25, 2014 (postmatch)
It's off to replayville. Our match vs Corby has been moved back to Wed Nov 12 due to the replay 4 days from now. The winner knows, after the 1st Round draw was held, that they will face League 1 side Bury.