View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 01:50 AM   #6
tzach
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanklingill View Post

- my run stop linebacker who is set to never rush always gets high sack numbers.
- OLBs seem to always out perform LDEs/RDEs in ratio to quality. As an example my 89 rated LDE hardly is around equal or only slightly better to my 7th worst stat based rusher set never to rush.
- Substitute players taking a few snaps seem to get abormally large sack ratios compared to starters. This is despite my reserve LDE (who in the last test got 4 sacks, and always gets 2-3 a season) being only 27 current ability.
- Cornerbacks/Safeties seem to take a unbalanced ratio of sacks.

Is it actually possible to generate realistic numbers out of the game? Considering I have at least 3 all pro caliber sack masters, and that together youd expect a qb to be like a tackle pad facing that, is there anyway to generate like 10 sacks a season each? Or do I have to live with the fact this brilliant line is just hard coded to have zero effect on the game?

Id say its the playbook, but then reading round people indicate no formation has an advantage over another for pass rush. And running 4-3 under, the front 4 shoud be rushing every play, so why are they being outsacked by coverage or run stoppers who are inferior?

i'm quite surprised to hear all this as i cannot replicate what you say above. can you quantify some of your statements above?

'- my run stop linebacker who is set to never rush always gets high sack numbers.' -> what is high here? is he playing SLB or MLB (i presume he's not lined up at DE)? this is 43 under so he's gotta be blitzing, so it's not entirely true that he's never rushing the paser. the only way LBs don't rush is if you have no blitz calls.

'- OLBs seem to always out perform LDEs/RDEs in ratio to quality. As an example my 89 rated LDE hardly is around equal or only slightly better to my 7th worst stat based rusher set never to rush.' -> again this is surprising. how about total pressure numbers? hurries + knock downs + sacks.

'- Substitute players taking a few snaps seem to get abormally large sack ratios compared to starters. This is despite my reserve LDE (who in the last test got 4 sacks, and always gets 2-3 a season) being only 27 current ability.' -> there's two things happening here. the 27 cur ability doesn't mean he's bad, all that matters here is PRS for a situational guy. have a look at this guy http://www.fof-ihof.com/playercard.php?playerid=71965

'- Cornerbacks/Safeties seem to take a unbalanced ratio of sacks.' -> i get values similar to the nfl averages, with some high fluctuations due to low number statistics. what's unbalanced for you here?

'Is it actually possible to generate realistic numbers out of the game? Considering I have at least 3 all pro caliber sack masters, and that together youd expect a qb to be like a tackle pad facing that, is there anyway to generate like 10 sacks a season each? Or do I have to live with the fact this brilliant line is just hard coded to have zero effect on the game?' -> you will only get significant pressure if you are playing from the lead, just like in the nfl. pass rush is much less effective than what people think. Have a look at this interesting article Exactly How Much Does A Great Pass Rush Hurt An Offense? | FiveThirtyEight

'Id say its the playbook, but then reading round people indicate no formation has an advantage over another for pass rush. And running 4-3 under, the front 4 shoud be rushing every play, so why are they being outsacked by coverage or run stoppers who are inferior?' -> definitely the game plan and game situations that you are in. you're probably blitzing too much. the defensive front alignments are substantially different from one another.

Last edited by tzach : 10-06-2020 at 01:50 AM.
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote