View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 07:30 AM   #13
shanklingill
n00b

You have to also take into account the fact that for each capable person added to a pass rush, you would expect some proportionate improvement to those already there. Having one stud means an O line can rejig to account for it, being attacked by 4 studs would almost certainly have the effect of narrowing a QBs throwing window as each blocker is put under so much more pressure. The front line I have is ridiculous, so you would expect the QB to be under the gun literally all the time. And its worth noting I have CBs rated at 71/66 on either side, a FS and SS in the 50s. There is no secondary weakness, that QB is having to face an above average time to hold on for someone open. 35 sacks a season in facing that is pretty insulting.

I have a feeling that the game works the opposite. Adding to an already heavily stacked part of the team simply decreases the efficiency and output of the individual, and any improvements past a certain point are negligible. A front 7 of no obvious weaknesses and no obvious standouts returns about the same as with 7 HOFs. This can be seen I think a lot with O Line's.... O lines seem to default to the worst player available, if you have 4 HOFs and one terrible Guard, you will give up high sacks. Its better to have just above average all the way through. One really bad blocker just gets annihilated.

Interested to hear your take.

Very interested to hear ideas on how to gameplan this defense to maximise its potential.
shanklingill is offline   Reply With Quote