View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 07:20 AM   #18
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanklingill View Post
If your point is overall ratings do not mean a player is suited to a given role, yeah I'm aware of that. My point specifically demonstrates that these players are stud pash rushers, I don't expect them to be returning pick sixes, breaking up passes or crushing runners. What I do expect them to do is kill QBs.

If you are saying the stats themselves are meaningless, and that a guy rated between 98-100 in the pass rushing specific stats does not mean he outperforms someone else much lower, then what would be the point of a rating system at all? Such randomness would make the game unplayable.

You could argue randomness occurs in real life and scouting mistakes are made. But would a scout rate someone as a hall of fame level player for 7 years in a row and say he's perfect on every metric if he was sacking 3.5 people a year? No. Performance over time would be increase accuracy. And it's highly unlikely a scout would in the counter watch a player wrack up 50 sacks in 4 years on a rookie deal and rate him as being anything other than a pure stud. So other than for players like rookies or 2nd year, having a system like that would be frankly crazy.

The scouting system does fluctuate players values. Some rookies dramatically...but not after. I'm not sure I agree with the observation, I put more faith in the game not to be that crazy

You are making one big mistake here, and is thinking that the games does 1vs1 match ups, thatīs not the case.

The game mainly uses "blocks" to determine outcomes.

In pass situations the check seems to be,

Total points of PRT + PRS of the players rushing to the QB vs total protection points PB + BS of player protecting the QB (PRT / PB being favored), then you add the QB sense rush and timing, including length of the pass (Short passes require less time to throw the football as you can imagine) to determine if there is Sack / Hurry / Unsuccesful pass rush.

If there is a Sack / Hurry, then it goes randomly to one of the rushers, having more possibilities the player with bigger bars.

Hence if the teams you are facing, have plenty protection to the QB, throw short and you are blitzing everyone, is really easy to break that defense of yours in pieces.
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote