View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 07:44 AM   #25
QuikSand
lolzcat

If there's a patch coming soon, as Brooks has suggested, here are the quick (easy for me to say) things I would urge to be in it -- trying to constrain myself to things that don't seem like major programming matters.

4 Year Draftee Contracts - Every draftee contract should be multiple years. In the NFL, it's a standard 4 year deal for everyone. Why not just model that? That makes draft picks have real value - the value lies in the team's ability to keep that player at that cheap cap cost for this initial four years. In PF20 now, with many contracts being only 1 year long, the team gets virtually nothing for its draft day investment... fix that. If you want the undrafted rookies to only be 1yr deals for some reason, that's a lesser matter, but fix the rookie contracts.

Scale Contract Demands Aggressively On Position Importance - Maybe this is done to some degree in-game now... if so, exaggerate it. Let me input my maximum salary knowing that the only player who would actually get that much money would be a tip-top quarterback, and scale it down from there. Here are my first stabs at ratios for every position, off the top of my head: QB 1.0, DE/WR 0.7, OT/RB 0.6, C/G/TE/CB/DT/LB/SS/FS 0.5, P/K 0.3 ... I'm sure a ton of effort could further improve that list, but if your numbers are a lot more bunched up than that, you're creating too little differentiation by position.

Revisit Aging/Retirement Routines - There's a serious issue with older players sitting around well past their real-world prime age, seeking fat contracts befitting their still-very-high ratings. That severely distorts the player marketplace. If I were playing "all out" my best path would surely be to sign a ton of these 90+ rated geriatrics to my team on minsal contracts, and dominate with them. I'm skipping them in my career on the working assumption that they're present due to a programming weakness... it should be remedied. My stab at it: most players should begin a ratings decline, especially in speed/agility skills, around age 29... RB a bit sooner, QB/P/K a bit later. It's okay if guys remain viable while that's happening... but there should never be a whole wave of speed demon CB, WR, RB sitting around at age 35+ looking to peddle their wares at the highest level.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote