View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #170
Radii
Head Coach

Felton's first game back is against one of the top teams in the East, so I want to play this one out.

January 8th, 2012

Charlotte(22-13) at Atlanta(20-13)

CHA:ATL
85:94 OVR
79:93 OFF
85:93 DEF

Atlanta Scouting

PG Neil Grady - 73 OVR - 5.8 ppg/2.0 apg - Atlanta traded Jeff Teague and a 2nd rounder to Detroit for Grady. Grady was the #16 pick in the draft this year and has taken over the starting PG spot. Grady is B+ hands, A perimeter defender, and a B outside scorer. Bibby is a quality backup.

SG Joe Johnson - 90 OVR - 25.8 ppg/6.6 apg - B+ hands, A- perimeter D, and a great scorer from anywhere. This will be Johnson's 7th year in a row averaging 20 points/game.

SF Marvin Williams - 75 OVR - 12.8 ppg/6.0 rpg - A solid inside threat, good shooter from all over, but not a great defender. Only a B- athlete, Gerald Wallace and Gerald Henderson might be able to abuse this guy in the open floor.

PF Josh Smith - 82 OVR - 16.0 ppg/8.4 rpg - Smith can do everything, though he's not great at any one thing. B inside/B- outside, B defending the perimeter, B- post defense, B- rebounder...

C Al Horford - 82 OVR - 15.1 ppg/12.8 rpg - A- rebounding, A- post D, A inside.

This is the type of team I'm trying to build. No major holes, not a Lebron type but 3 really really good players. Bibby is averaging 5.8 points and 6.6 assists off the bench. Atlanta's first round pick SG Jess Nelson is rated 69 OVR and scores 4 a game, and Zaza Pachulia(69 OVR) is a solid backup big man.

First Quarter

Atlanta 25
Charlotte 16

Atlanta just starts out on fire, scoring the first 7 and leading 17-5. We settle in and start to score but Atlanta is all over the place. Joe Johnson has 10. When I brought DJ Augustin in for Ray Allen at the 8 minute mark to try to start creating a rotation Johnson scored 6 straight. For us, Wallace and Chandler have 4, Padgett 3, no one else more than 2.

Second Quarter

Atlanta 45
Charlotte 40

Wallace hits a turnaround just after the buzzer, coulda been down to 3. Joe Johnson has 14 points and 4 assists and is the player of the half. Marvin Williams has made some great shots inside and has 8 points. Smith 7, Grady 6, Horford 4.

On our end we are *really* pounding it inside. Padgett leads us with 9, Wallace 8, Chandler 6, Diaw 5, Sparks 4. Augustin has 4, Felton has 2 and Allen is scoreless.

Third Quarter

Atlanta 76
Charlotte 71

Augustin is cold as ice but hits a 3 at the buzzer to cut the lead down to 5. We played great most of the quarter and led 68-67 before Atlanta scored 9 straight towards the end of the quarter.

Joe Johnson leads all scorers with 22 points, he has 8 assists also and he is one of the best CPU players I've played. I fear him more than I fear Lebron. Maybe I just didn't see Lebron on a good day, but CPU Joe Johnson makes things happen every time he touches the ball in a way that CPU Lebron didn't seem to.

Padgett leads us with 20 points and 6 boards. Wallace 14, Chandler 12, Augustin 8.

Fourth Quarter

7:00 to go - We trail 85-79. We've had backups + Allen and Padgett in there. Padgett is up to 23, Joe Johnson is up to 29. I sub in Felton, Augustin, Wallace, Diaw, and Chandler.

5:30 to go - Its 85-81 Atlanta. Joe Johnson just missed a wide open 3, something that shocked me. Lots of defense the last couple minutes.

3:50 to go - Its 88-85 Atlanta, the CPU just subbed Ray Allen in for Augustin. I pretty much want Augustin on the floor at the end of the game.

2:40 to go - Joe Johnson just picked Felton and went coast to coast. Only Felton's second turnover. Its 92-87 Atlanta.

And that's it. We miss three straight shots in the paint, two of them I thought were really good looks. Atlanta pulls away and wins by 12.

Atlanta 99
Charlote 87

Padgett: 25 points/8 boards
Wallace: 14 points/5 boards/5 assists
Chandler: 14 points/11 boards
Augustin: 10 points
Sparks: 7 points/7 boards

Felton had 6 points and 7 assists in his return. Ray Allen was scoreless in 28 minutes.
Joe Johnson scored 33, pulled in 7 boards and had 8 assists to lead the Hawks. Marvin Williams 15, Horford, Smith and Grady all 13 each.

Last edited by Radii : 01-12-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote