View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 10:46 AM   #174
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
How do you like the patch so far? I trust your feelings (and others on the board) over the rantings and ravings of the guys on the OP forums. Still amazes me that people get so upset over shoes in a video game...

How are your jumpshots falling? Do you have a better feel for it?

I've only played these two games that I've written up here(Cleveland and Atlanta) but I'll comment on things I've noticed:

Quote:
- Pass accuracy has been toned down for passes out of a double team, passes out of contact shots, and non-inbound full court passes.

Yup, I have noticed this, both seeing a couple errant passes out of doubleteams and having Padgett or Chandler try long outlet passes after a defensive board miss everyone and go out of bounds.

Quote:
- CPU players are now much more selective when choosing to pass the ball while attacking the basket.

This is by far the biggest improvement to me. Playing the lakers pre-patch Kobe would just not drive to the basket and shoot... as soon as the defense would converge he'd pass every time. I noticed Lebron take a couple contested jumpers that people didn't seem to take pre-patch, and both Lebron and Joe Johnson taking their man all the way to the rim for a dunk instead of passing out of the limited pressure.

As far as jump shooting, I don't think that was something that was addressed in the patch. Pumping up the mid range and 3 point sliders helped me quite a bit. I still prefer to drive or play in the post, but if I notice someone wide open I'll happily kick it out for a jumper. Catch and shoot is still massively more effective than trying to shoot off the dribble. I'll occasionally run Augustin or Allen off a screen and fire a 3, and I'll have Augustin pull up for a midrange jumper instead of driving into the trees and can hit both of those enough that its worth doing... but in general trying to shoot off the dribble is something I don't do often.

I still score a large percentage of my points in the paint, and the stats from the games I play are drastically different than the ones I sim, but I have enough success finding and taking jumpers that I'm content with it for now.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote