Head Coach

March 11th, 2012

Cleveland(39-24) at Charlotte(41-24)

CHA:CLE
85:90 OVR
78:86 OFF
84:93 DEF

Cleveland Scouting

PG Mo Williams - 81 OVR - 18.2 ppg/4.1 apg - A solid 2nd option behind lebron. A+ outside, A- hands, B+ perimeter D.

SG Delonte West - 77 OVR - 8.6 ppg - A solid defender(B+ perimeter D) and a good outside shooter. Decent ball handler, and a pretty good athlete.

SF Lebron James - 97 OVR - 27.2 ppg/7.5 rpg/6.4 apg - Probably the best player in the game by far. He seems to do much better than Kobe.

PF Anderson Varejao - 70 OVR - 6.8 ppg/9.3 rpg - 6'11", A rebounder, B+ post D, not much else at all.

C Roy Hibbert - 68 OVR - 10.0 ppg/9.2 rpg - 7'2", A- rebounder, nothing else. C+ inside/C+ post D. A solid athlete for a guy this big.

First Quarter

Cleveland 27
Charlotte 16

Its 10-10 at the 6 minute mark of the first half, Cleveland catches fire and we get even colder. Lebron and hibbert have 6 each, Hibbert has 5 boards already. Lebron is only shooting 2-7 though. Wallace has 6, Padgett 4, a few guys with 2. Augustin is super cold again out of the gate. Turnovers are a big story too, we have 5 turnovers in the quarter and only forced 1.

Second Quarter

Cleveland 45
Charlotte 43

That's more like it. We struggle for the first 6 or 7 minutes of the quarter, trailing 39-27. We get back to back 3's from Felton and Diaw and that triggers our comeback and we're only down 2 at the half.

Wallace leads all scorers with 10. Allen 9, Diaw 7, Padgett 6. Delonte West leads Cleveland with 9. Lebron has 8 but he's only shooting 3-12. He has 3 boards and 6 assists though. Joe Alexander(WVU PF, 1.8 in 2008) comes in and scores 7 poitns in 3 minutes of action.

Third Quarter

Cleveland 68
Charlotte 62

This was a lot more like the first quarter, where scoring at all was immensely frustrating at times. Lebron has a 3 point play and a 3 pointer on back to back plays and now has 16 points to go with 5 boards and 8 assists. West 13, Hibbert 9 points/9 boards. I pushed it to Padgett a good deal and Padgett has 12 now. Allen 12, Wallace was scoreless in the 3rd and still has 10. Augustin finally hits a 3(1-5) and has 8.

Fourth Quarter

9:20 to go - Verajao starts the quarter hot, scoring 5 straight. Padgett draws a foul and goes 1-2, then gets a nice dunk/3 point play try but misses the FT... we're down 76-65 with Lebron on the bench.

6:00 to go - ugh, our defense has fallen apart. Cleveland is getting open shots every time down and they aren't missing. Its 86-74. Turnovers have continued to be a story throughout the game. We ahve 15, Cleveland has 4(CPu turnovers are notoriously low so taking care of the ball is super critical).

3:40 to go - We just cannot stop them. Lebron hits a couple midrange jumpers, its 92-82.

Cleveland 102
Charlotte 86

in our first meeting Lebron scored something like 22 points but was a non-factor down the stretch. In this meeting Lebron scores 26, and its like a totally different performance. He was involved in every key basket of the fourth quarter, and we could not stop him at all. I dunno if this game would have been any different if I hadn't dropped the shooting sliders, but this is a lot more what I would expect plaing Cleveland... they're just simply better than we are and it showed here.

Wallace: 17 points/4 boards
Padgett: 15 points/7 boards
Allen: 12 points
Diaw: 11 points
Felton: 9 points/7 assists
Augustin: 8 points

Augustin was just very off tonight. 1-7 from 3. Allen, Felton and Diaw combined for 4-8, so I can still hit them!

Lebron has 26 points/5 boards/9 assists. Solid night for him.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote