View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 07:02 AM   #262
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
Random side-effect of cord-cutting: I sort of got into WWE over the last 18 months because all that stuff is on Hulu the next day. And then once Wrestlemania rolled around i was like "well, WWE network is only 10 bucks a month... and the first month is free!" I've probably paid for that like... 5 out of the last 12 months.

In general I just watch less European soccer than I used to. I already wasn't watching much TV, so i've been completely content since dropping cable.

I had only kept cable for the year prior because It was basically only costing me 10 bucks a month over my internet cost; Time Warner had given me a great offer while i tried to cancel my cable. The next time i tried to cancel they weren't nearly as accommodating, so i actually went through with it. Zero regrets.

Google Fiber should be up and running in Raleigh (the whole Triangle area) within the next year. It's going to drop a bomb on Time Warner i think. Maybe they'll actually get competitive.

I can't wait to tell TWC to fuck off. I'm paying $170 for 50 mb internet, dvr, and phone. They tell me if I cancel cable and phone my internet will be $109. As soon as I have any other internet option that is high speed I may throw my shit through their office window.