View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 09:03 PM   #696
AnalBumCover
College Starter

We had to make the extremely tough decision to put down our beloved Peanut today. It all happened so fast, labored breathing this morning, Vet visit in the afternoon, X-ray and bloodwork discovered an enlarged heart and tumors in her lung and diaphragm. Emergency hospitalization would only delay the inevitable. So with a three way phone call with the Vet and my wife, who was still at work, we decided on euthanasia.

Peanut was our beloved dog for the last 13 years. A ShihTzu/Terrier mix with the cutest underbite. We received her from a coworker when she was just a few months old. Hated other dogs - until she got to know them. She loved people - except the UPS guy. She welcomed our newborn daughter without a fuss. We taught her all her tricks: Sit, Down, Shake, Roll Over, Speak. She knew the difference between a vet visit and a road trip. We took her to my daughter's school one day, and she loved the attention the classmates gave her. She just discovered the Starbucks Puppuccino.

Though everything happened lightning fast today, I'm glad that my wife was able to rush home so she, my daughter and I could have a chance to say goodbye. It's a very emotional time for us right now. But we did find closure, in such a sudden event.