View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 09:46 AM   #2307
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

They've been changing things since the first episode. Some of them small. Some of them big. Many of these changes were to fix things that wouldn't work on TV, but a significant number were just bald-faced improvements to the existing material. So, I disagree with the notion that most of new stuff hasn't been good. A lot of it has worked or has been an improvement. Not all, but their batting average has been very solid.

For example, Jon Snow being in Hardhome during the attack, I consider that an improvement. We finally get to SEE why we should fear the walkers, rather than just being TOLD about it. Great tension-building moments: the giant, the Night's King, the Valyrian steel, "I fucking hate Thenns," the woman that gets eaten by kiddie wights...powerful stuff.

As for Shireen, I'm about 90% sure that's a Winds of Winter spoiler. They've been building up to Stannis's need for royal blood for what, FIVE books now? It makes sense that he'd dump the last of his humanity to placate his ego, and I'm okay with that narrative. It was horrible to watch and hear, but powerful and brilliant.

As for Dany and the Pits and how that all went down, I think Drogon showing up to defend his mother is FAR more compelling than Drogon just being "attracted" to the blood and just sorta showing up. I am not sure how many Sons of the Harpy were left after Drogon flew off, but seeing a dragon eat and burn many of your people would tend to break the morale of even the stoutest warriors. I can believe that the rest fled and/or were mopped up by Daario and the remaining Unsullied.

Dorne did still suck, but at least there's not much of it. They don't have much to work with, after all. Jaime is struggling to stay relevant to the story and the writers (Martin and Benioff/Weiss) are having the same problem. He really has nothing to do.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 06-08-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote