View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The Democrat Party Headquarters Thread (No Repubs Allowed!!)

Welcome to the the party headquarters for the Democrat Party. This will be the thread where you can hatch your plans to dominate the country through your policies.

Only Dems are allowed in this thread.

It is now Day One and the first year of your first term in Congress.

You have three decisions to make before the Day One deadline (and preferably sooner), and in whatever manner you wish to make them.

1. You must choose your Leader. This will be the player who is the head of your party--for now. This player will propose bills in the public thread, and be the one who generally does party actions (although this is not limited to him if that is the Leader's desire). The term of the Leader is for the rest of the Congressional term (two years/days--the end of the Day cycle on Day Two), but you are free to choose the same player again next term so long as he is an elected member of Congress.

The Leader may choose a Whip, a second in command, who will serve as a step-in in his absence.

Please PM me your choice when you have made it.

2. You must choose your Liaison. This will be the player in charge of communicating with the other party when deals need to be made. This player will have PM rights with his party opposite for the duration of their term in this position. No other inter-party communication is allowed outside of the public Congressional floor thread. As with the Leader, this is a one-term gig, but there are no term limits, so long as the player is an elected member of Congress.

3. Next year is a Presidential election year. At the end of the Day Two day cycle, a Presidential election will be held, choosing the next leader of the free world. You must choose the candidate who will run for the Democrat party. You must choose this by the end of the Day One day cycle, but you are free to announce your choice at any time.

You also have Slurry/Support decisions to make, so please review the rules in the main thread on their use.

And don't forget to discuss bills! You don't have any roles right now, and the Bodyguard, as an example, is an ideal role for the Democrat Party. Please see the rules for other suggestions, or get creative and come up with your own.

You are now free to post in thread here, even if I have not started the game officially in the public thread.

Good luck, Donkeys!

P.S. Watch out for Wolves.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote