View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #29
chesapeake
College Starter

It is not an election year. The Brothers would be great for next year, but we should take our risks this year and then placate our consituencies with the more moderate bill in the election year.

Am I right in thinking that the Seer and the Bodyguard are the most important roles? Combining them together in one bill this year is probably the best way of getting them enacted. My constituents are happy because Dems get the BG, GOP folks are happy because they get the Seer, and gamewise I am happy because I am not a wolf and the village has 2 important tools to fight wolvery everywhere.

We need a leader and a Speaker candidate to move the ball forward regardless. We should decide here who we will support so we can present a united front in the main forum.

Proposing a moderate Dem for Speaker makes sense. Henry, Chubby, PackerFan, and EagleFan are our moderates. Assuming experience in that role has value, who is the most experience in this group and also wants the job?

Spacing on the spectrum for the Democratic Leader appears not to matter. Who is our best player? This is only my third game, but I know that Path and Lathum are highly regarded. I would be comfortable with either of them.

Time matters. We want our leader to propose a bipartisan bill with Democratic co-sponsors so we can max out our gains from a bill that should pass -- assuming folks accept my proposal for a bill that includes Dem and GOP roles.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote