View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 08:24 AM   #21369
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I took my wife, kids and mom out to a fine dining restaurant today. I know my kids (all nearly adults now; the youngest just finished HS) had never been to one, and I'm pretty sure my Mom had never been to one since I was born. This particular restaurant is considered to be one of the best int he city, with the best view of the city as well. My wife and I will go there on our anniversary because they do a good job with her food needs and the chef is very flexible and willing to make what she can eat.

It sort of felt like my coming out party as an adult, being able to pay for such an extravagant meal, with my mom and wife as the special guests. There were no limits on food, we had wine, appetizers, salads, entree's, and dessert. The full 2.5+hr experience. My Mom sacrificed a ton for me to get where I am professionally, and I and my family owe her a lot. She's always been very willing to help out, she paid our mortgage for a year when I was in my late 30's and had to essentially start my career over again. My wife works tirelessly for our family, and with the boys getting older, and them all together right now, it made sense to treat this as something special. I got my reservations about 3 weeks ago for today.

I had budgeted about $500 for dinner. It wasn't quite that much after the tip, but our server, who was a working mom, looked out for us, deserved the nice one she got. Looking back at where I've been in life, this was a top of the mountain feeling and worth celebrating.

Was it somewhere in Cinci? If so where? One of my all time favorite restaurants is Sotto in the city. Amazing spot.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote