View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've also been doing research for the last few hours on what new TV I'm going to buy. About a week ago, my Sony SXRD that was only 4 years old started showing terrible colors, everything was tinted green. I did research and found out yesterday that this is a wide spread problem due to a bad optical engine on the TV. It was so bad that they got hit with a class action suit which they settled. Lots of people got their TV repaired, but they are no longer doing that. Now, they are offering me a choice of 4 TV's which all have average ratings and a normal price range of 1200-1800 dollars. They are giving me 1,000-1,200 dollars off each TV. I decided to pick the free TV with the plan to sell it to someone looking for a low to mid-end HDTV. So, the purpose of this post is two-fold. If anyone is wanting a brand new Sony KDL46V5100 for 700-800 dollars, let me know. That is about 200 dollars less than listed in most online stores.

Secondly, I'm down to 2 TV's and wondering if any of the people in here have an opinion:

Samsung-58" Class / 1080p / 600Hz / Plasma HDTV-PN58B550T2 - Pro is that it is cheaper. If I sell the other TV, this TV will only cost me about 600-700 and it is among the best in Consumerreport.org reports for this size class. Con: It's a plasma, I've always had a bit of a bias against them, but this is reportedly an excellent set. Another plus, is that it appears very popular in user reviews with generally excellent ratings. The main issue appears to be some people complaining of a buzzing sound when the volume is low.

Samsung 1080 P/120 HZ/LCD-LED Model:
UN55B7100 The positive of this TV is that I believe it is more energy efficient and it also has some excellent reviews. The downside is that it is more expensive and some reports say that there is mild motion blur with high action events.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-24-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote