View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 08:29 PM   #132
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Doubt or not, it's the truth. I am a bartender. I tend bar. I remain hopeful that people other than cronin will join me in revealing their roles. Again, as I preach game after game, information helps the good guys, as the bad guys almost always have more complete information than the good guys. When we are informed we are able to act in concert, the same as the bad guys. So I hope we can ge some more information out there.

I understand what you're saying, but there are two issues I have with that:

1. There is some information we just shouldn't have out there this early. One such bit of info is if your role has some seer-like qualities to it. I don't know the specifics of your PM, of course, but the public description of your role certainly lends itself to this. I suspect the wolves will go after you before they even go after the sheriff. Other info to keep hidden: being a bodyguard or a duke. And I suspect in this game, we won't want to reveal we have a gun either.

2. There are so many possible roles in this game that it might be easier for a cowboy to "reveal" as you suggest by picking one of the roles not already claimed in the later stages of some revelations. Too much information not only provides with wolves with targets, but it also gives them more information by which to appear to be villagers themselves.

IMO, we need to be careful about revealing, but not to the point of not revealing nothing. There is a fine balance to be played here.

BTW, I will elect the first sheriff who makes the campaign promise that he will jail bullet on Night 1. That guy's annoying the heck out of me.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote