View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 08:34 PM   #134
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I don't think we should vote for someone who is volunteering

Is it more risky that we just vote by random? While I think there is a risk in the cowboys infiltrating the office with a candidate, I do agree with the earlier post that it will be difficult for them to help their compatriots while in office because of how open their actions will be to the entire town.

I also think the people who step up to sheriff are likely to be people who have less to fear from the cowboys; i.e. they have a means of protecting themselves. Or they are taking a proactive role to findign the cowboys by ensuring they themselves are in place to do damage to them.

Although running for sheriff is not a free pass without further evidence, I am willing to give candidates the benefit of the doubt.

I actually find it interesting that I am the only one so far who has explicitly stated I do NOT want to be sheriff.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote