View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #238
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
The bad thing about FP+ is that they will start booking those FP+ attractions 60 days out (once it is rolled out). You can easily imagine that the top attractions will have all their slots taken very early in that window. These will have to be scheduled online through the My Disney Experience website or smartphone app, or at kiosks in the parks if you don't do it before you're there. The limitations are 4 per day at Magic Kingdom and 3 per day at the others. You can also not schedule them at more than 1 park per day (potentially sucking some value from park hopping).

The current FP system in the parks will go away completely once this is rolled out. As far as I know, you're not required to change over to the new paperless tickets at this time (and according to Disney you will never be required to, but you won't be able to access the FP+ system without doing so).

A few comments from my family members who work there:

1) No park hopping is for starters. they hope to expand that.

2) The slots will be the same number as currently exist for FP now once the system is running.

3) The goal is to have every ride on FP+ so you can plan your day, but there will still be walk-on space for those so inclined.

4) There will always be cards instead of wrist bands if you want. They currently scan the cards with hand-held devices at the gate.

5) What CMs don't universally know yet is that if you park hop, you don't need to keep straight who used which band/pass to get in at EPCOT when you go over to MK, for example. The system knew that my finger matched up with my wife's pass and vice versa, when we deliberately mixed them up.

6) Doing away with the old FP system won't happen any time soon.

7) The somewhat secret Avatar land and Star Wars land projects are under way already, although in the blueprint stages only.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote