View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 11:04 AM   #182
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
It is interesting how the most active players tend to be the most in danger at the beginning of a game. Normally this comes down to A votes for B because A doesn't know what else to do, B votes for A because B is good so A must be bad...bandwagons commence. One of these games I hope to have a bad role so I can enjoy the chaos rather than be frustrated by it.

People only fall into the chaos if they allow themselves to. Like I responded to Hoops, him voting for Lathum might make sense for him mathematically at this point, however for the remainder of the players its a below 50% play and thus no better than your start off odds of voting for anyone. So anyone jumping on the well player B voted for Player A and I believe him more are just fooling themselves.

Only 3 ways to really handle today's vote:

1) Pure randomness - doesn't really help anything at all other than making sure you have a vote out there

2) Trying to achieve some goal for the day (obviously Zombies or umbrella people will vote for people not in their group, but everyone in all three groups can vote for people who they don't think they would help their cause on day 5-6-7)

3) Revenge reasoning for being voted for earlier in the day. Hoops gave a good example of why it might be logical for -him- alone to do that, but I am not sure what it accomplishes for the entire team.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote