View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 12:11 AM   #4
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Wow. Huge week last week.

#1 Purdue beats Indiana to complete a perfect regular season at 12-0.
#2 Maryland gets thumped at home by Florida State for their first loss of the season.
#3 Kentucky sits around and in doing so has their best week of the season.
#4 West Virginia loses a rivalry game at Louisville for their first loss.
Pittsburgh jumps all the way to #5 giving them a very slim shot at the BCS title game should they win out.

So Purdue has clinched a spot in the title game.

My Kentucky squad is 11-0 with a rivalry road game at Tennessee. Regardless of the result, we will play in the SEC title game against either LSU or Auburn. LSU plays WVUFan's Arkansas squad this week. Arkansas needs the win to become bowl eligible. LSU needs to win to play for the SEC title. If LSU loses and Auburn wins, then Auburn will win the SEC West. If both teams have the same result this week then it will be LSU who wins the West.

I'm really excited that it's in my own hands. I'm also quite surprised. I didn't see Maryland AND WVU losing (once they got to 8-0). The only thing that's certain is that Purdue is playing in the title game. Hopefully for the 3rd straight year a "slow" Big Ten will be demolished by a far superior SEC school

Congrats to the other teams who have a legit shot at a BCS Bowl. I think both A&M and Okie State are in the top 11 of the BCS standings. Also Stanford & Washington still have a chance at winning the Pac 10. We'll see how the tiebreaker shakes out. Does anyone know how that conference will end if UW, Stanford, and USC are all tied?

It's great to be excited & thinking about something different tonight. In order to keep myself distracted, I may give in-depth analysis of all FBS teams later this week
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote