View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 07:30 PM   #268
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
I'm a little bummed and angry as a parent right now. Drew has been "busted" at daycare for two consecutive days for tantrums and hitting teachers. This is abnormal for him to begin with, but the hitting & kicking thing is really distressing. And it's over stupid little things like wanting a bandaid and not getting it (the "boo boo" was miniscule), and not listening to a teacher during nap time and then going ballistic. The latter one was today, and I had to leave work to come and get him. Grrrrrrr. So much for a fun start to the holiday weekend

Just needed to vent a little.

How old is he? Anthony has gone through a couple phases over the past 8 years where he will all of a sudden start behaving completly differently for no apparent reason. I've always asked him what was going on, let him know that his behavior is not OK, and punish him for it if necessary. Sometimes he told me that something was wrong or something was bothering him and after a lot of prying on my part, tells me what is going on. Sometimes, it's just a phase and the behavior stops after a couple weeks and he goes back to his normal self.

I'd say keep a very close eye on him and maybe if you can find a good time, talk to him and ask him why he is all of a sudden doing these things. Also talk to his teachers and see if they have noticed any changes in his social behavior.

Good luck!!!!
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote