View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 03:28 PM   #120
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
This argument assumes that you believe that current-day testing is likely to catch even a decent percentage of current-day cheaters.

Barry Bonds never failed a test. Marion Jones never failed a test. Ben Johnson was perhaps the most-doped athelete of all time, to the point that his eyes turned orange. He was passing tests for years until he got careless and failed one.

Sorry, "he never failed a test" isn't enough these days. Sad, and unfair to the clean atheletes, but still true.
Precisley. This is the "critical mass" problem with my earlier rant about concluding that Armstrong was juiced simply because Landis was juiced. I don't think that comparison is apt.

But if the comparison is the four guys who finished behind Armstrong and almost all of his main competitors tested positive, there Armstrong must be juiced, then I see the point. There is a "critical mass" greater than just one. I do find it hard to believe that with so many people cheating, one guy who wasn't cheating could so thoroughly dominate the competition.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote