View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 09:39 PM   #225
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
Anthony has outgrown Caillou, but I couldn't stand that show when it was on...he seemed very whiney to me.

A year or so ago Anthony seemed to develop a bit of an attitude problem, we started paying attention to the shows he was watching and noticed that quite a few of them had parents which were portrayed as "stupid" (Fairly OddParents being the worst offender) and where the kids had massive attitude (Ed, Edd and Eddy)...we/I banned Ed, Edd and Eddy and we seriously monitored how much time he spent in front of the TV and made sure that when he was watching, he only saw Fairly OddParents in small doses. We also talked to him and made it clear that it was NOT ok for him to talk to us like those characters talked to their parents. It only took a week or so for the attitude to go away, but I still won't let him watch Ed, Edd and Eddy - that has to be the worst show ever! I wish there were more older kid friendly cartoon shows that portrayed family/parents as a positive thing instead of showing us as idiots who don't know or don't care about what is going on with their kids.
It's not just the young children's shows, either. Most crap targeted at "young adults" has teenagers who constantly mouth off to their parents and are portrayed as smarter and more sophisticated than their elders; to say nothing of all the bloody melodrama that kids invariably emulate after watching crap like "Degrassi."

I'm almost at the point where I'd like to cancel my satellite service altogether. If it weren't for football season...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote