View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 04:41 AM   #830
Radii
Head Coach

Recruiting Preview

We're losing two players this year, reserve SG Gunn, and reserve big man Slater. We've got two scholarships. But we also have a stacked rotation, and we might have problems drumming up interest when every spot on the roster for next year is already filled.

I take a couple stabs early. I'd like a guard and a big.

5* SG Herman Guiang out of Omaha, Nebraska gets my first offer. #4 in the nation, a sick looking player. A- 3 point shot, good speed, B- defense, A- steals, good ratings in all the right places. Iowa has made him an offer as well. We've got him to 95% before even using up all his visits, we'll have him at 100% along with Iowa and possbly others. "He is not concerned with being close to home" <-- That is the reason I am sticking with him. Well that and an A- 3 point rating.

5* PF Landon Arenas out of Fullerton, CA is the #19 player in the nation, #2 PF. Again, total stud. B orb/B drb/B- blocks/B- post offense/C+ post defense/A- close/C+ in traffic. Looks incredible. Only 6'7", but would grow into 6'8" or if lucky 6'9", acceptable. I've only got him at 72%, seems a long shot but worth the time to find out for sure.

Top backup targets:

4* C Maynard Black - #86 OVR/#2 C. Out of Michigan. Only 6'8", would end up slotted at PF. B+ drb, B- post off/B+ post def, B close/C in traffic. B+ strength. Black is at 87% and it seems very likely i'll drop off Arenas and go after Black before the early signing period.

5* SG Vadim Bryan - #7 OVR out of the Bronx. He prefers Pitt but if Pitt doesn't come calling there's a free for all between about 6 teams, Clemson, Va Tech and Boston College included.

I sim my opening game:

Nov 5, 2021

at #14 Florida State 98
Niagara 74

Sneed 19, Barrett 18, Alloway 17, McCants 10.

With 3 full weeks to go until the early signing period starts, the battle for SG Herman Guiang is like no other I've ever been involved in. Iowa, Kansas, Mizzou, and Florida State have all offered him a scholarship, and all of us have him at 100% already. "He is not concerned with being close to home" ... we'll see.

Game #2 is safe to sim too:

Nov 19th, 2021

at #13 Florida State 74
Delaware State 42

Sneed 21, McCants 15, Alloway 8, Ozier 7.

With one week left in recruiting before the early signing period, I have made no changes to my offers. There are one or two games I want to play this week though, so this is where we stop. There are no 5* players falling into my lap this year, it looks more likely that I'll end up filling my 2 recruiting slots with solid, workmanlike 4* targets who will have roles on the team after my giant recruiting class is gone, which is of course fine, can't always find superstars.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote