View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 01:17 PM   #4
Chriswin4
n00b

z This is all really helpful thank you. I find it easy to get good Offensive Linemen in the first three rounds of the draft. Should I be prioritising pass protection attributes if it is about air-offenses, what is the best coaching style for that?

Using that approach in FOF8, I could usually count on winning a championship within ten seasons... and I think it was basically solving the quarterback puzzle that eventually leads to a title. For my initial FOF9 universe, the QB that won my first two titles is overall a 52 rating and I took him with the 10th overall pick in the draft. He was the 2nd QB on my draft board. I drafted him in the third season and won the titles in seasons five and six.[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappaPhreak View Post
I'm less than 10 seasons into my FOF9 experience, but based on my experience with lots of FOF8 single player, I'm rolling with the same general approach and that seems to be working:
  • Get a smart quarterback with high "sense rush" and high "good decisions". (FOF8 didn't have "good decisions", but seems like it would make sense to have that high...)
  • Prioritize receivers and offensive lines on offense. De-prioritize running backs (go with cheap free agents and late-round picks).
  • On defense, I generally prioritize the line, but for me, that's not as important as getting the right guys on offense.
The engine seems to be tuned to high-powered air offenses. Much like the real-world NFL.\

This is all really helpful thank you. I find it easy to get good Offensive Linemen in the first three rounds of the draft. Should I be prioritising pass protection attributes if it is about air-offenses, what is the best coaching style for that?

Using that approach in FOF8, I could usually count on winning a championship within ten seasons... and I think it was basically solving the quarterback puzzle that eventually leads to a title. For my initial FOF9 universe, the QB that won my first two titles is overall a 52 rating and I took him with the 10th overall pick in the draft. He was the 2nd QB on my draft board. I drafted him in the third season and won the titles in seasons five and six.

Last edited by Chriswin4 : 02-08-2024 at 01:17 PM.
Chriswin4 is offline   Reply With Quote