View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #3
QuikSand
lolzcat

I think it's a pretty fair review. Feedback and guidance mostly from a self-selected group of people who love this sort of thing probably leads more and more toward a product that has little appeal to others.

I love this game, but I'm the kind of person who should love this game. I have pitched FOF to any number of friends of mine over the years, and I'm sure that the majority of them who tried it had an initial reaction a lot like this -- words like "grueling" and "vague" are certainly fair game, I think. I'd guess that my pitching has probably led to 10-12 sales of the game, but I only know of 2 of those people who actually got into it for an extended period (and these were all people I knew had some reason to possibly like a game like this). The fact that lots of staffers at FO apparently couldn't get into it at all is telling, to me.

Good reality check, and there's some good honest praise in there, too. I love this game, and I always have, but there's a lot in here to help explain why this doesn't sell lots and lots of copies compared to Sim Tiger Woods Star Wars Lego Unreal Poker Yu-Gi-Oh XIX.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote