View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 07:49 PM   #8
mpejkrm
n00b

Press Conference with Jerry Jones and Mitch Collins

Jerry Jones: Hello everyone and welcome to AT&T Stadium. Today, the Dallas Cowboys are pleased to announce the hiring the third General Manager in team history, Mitch Collins. Mitch is a very bright young mind who we have no doubt can lead our organization in the right direction. I'll hand it over to Mitch now.

Mitch Collins: Thanks, Jerry. I'm very excited to get going. This organization truly has a global appeal, they aren't known as "America's Team" for nothing. It's always been my dream to be a General Manager in the National Football League, and to finally reach my dream for such a storied organization is truly a dream come true.

Reporter: Jerry, what prompted your sudden decision to step down and move in a new direction in the front office?

JJ: I'm not the same young mind I used to be, and I think it is time for a new General Manager to come help me with personnel decision. I will still maintain the final call over all transactions and roster moves, but it is good to have a second mind at the head of football operations.

Reporter: Mitch, how prepared are you with the hiring so sudden and the pre-season just about to begin?

MC: I've been working with the front office for about two weeks now before the official announcement, just to get a look over the roster and get ready for this season. We feel we are almost ready to announce our 53-man roster right now. We feel that pre-season results won't really change who we have in mind for this upcoming season.

Reporter: Mitch, any news on extension talks with Dez Bryant and DeMarco Murray?

MC: They are ongoing and we are hoping to get them wrapped up before the end of the pre-season. Obviously we don't want to see either of them go but they both want a lot of money so we will have to careful with our spending while still trying to retain them. All signs point to deals getting done.

JJ: That will be all for today. Thank you all for coming out today. We look forward to this week's game against Miami.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote