View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 09:24 PM   #11
mpejkrm
n00b

Cowboys Fall to Miami in Pre-season Opener

ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Miami Dolphins scored 20 unanswered points in the last 20 minutes of the game and the Dolphins rolled to a 34-15 win over the host Dallas Cowboys at AT&T Stadium this weekend in pre-season action.

Brandon Weeden took the ball for most of the game for Dallas, and finished with 15 of 33 completions, no touchdowns, 2 interceptions, and a longest pass of 12 yards. Tony Romo scored the only touchdown of the game for Dallas with a 4-yard run in the second quarter. Dan Bailey hit two field goals and Sean Lee forced a safety for the other scoring plays.

For Miami, Knowshown Moreno's 94 yard run late in the 3rd quarter sparked a 20-0 run, followed by a 91-yard interception return by Jordan Tripp and two field goals from Caleb Sturgis. Moreno also had a seven-yard touchdown run in the 2nd quarter. Moreno finished the day with 164 yards on 20 attempts.

The Dolphins attempted just 16 passes, completing ten allowing one interception on the day. Ryan Tannehill and Matt Moore split the passing attempts for Miami, with 9 for Tannehill and 7 for Moore. Miami's offensive line also went to work as they allowed zero quarterback sacks from the Cowboys.

Dallas visits Oakland next week in more pre-season action.

(Sorry about some of the choppiness, I posted this to another forum and just made it into screenshots because it exceeded the character limit here. I also removed participation stats because who really cares about that. If you care strongly just say so and I will post participation stats.)
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote