View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 08:27 AM   #28
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
As much as I enjoy clowning the Celtics, I think this might be a good opportunity to clear out some bad eggs (not that Horford strikes me as a bad egg) and get better mileage for the dollar off the guys they already have. Kyrie was an obvious cancer to the team, but I suspect he's not the only one - it's been easy to read between the lines on reports about a couple of the guys who it sounds like go inflated egos with what happened the season prior. Ship them out, build around Tatum and whoever is left (although my gut tells me Tatum might be one of those dudes who had his ego get the better of him - in any case the Celtics need to keep him the hell away from Kobe this offseason and hope that stops him launching so many long 2s).

They're in an interesting position if both guys are gone, I guess you'd go Smart at point over rozier (who I think they'll move on from). Then you have a bit of a log jam with Brown, Tatum and Hayward playing the two wing positions. I don't think you can play Hayward big minutes at the 4 and I think he's a negative value on his contract so he'd be tough to trade. Then you have what Baynes and Williams at the big spots? It's a pretty weird roster, it seems like they need to move someone to balance it out. Kinda crazy that the Nets with Irving would almost be in a better position than the Celtics.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote